MINGO JUNCTION - The Indian Creek board of education recognized the seventh- and eighth-grade wrestling teams during its monthly meeting Monday.
Superintendent John Rocchi said the team, coached by Brant and Trent Starkey, was acknowledged for a tremendous season.
"They took second place in the junior high Ohio Valley Athletic Conference," Rocchi stated. "All of their hard work and efforts paid off and we are all very proud of them."
CREEK HONORS — The Indian Creek Middle School wrestling team was recognized for its outstanding performance during Monday’s Indian Creek school board meeting. The team placed second in recent junior high Ohio Valley Athletic Conference competition, superintendent John Rocchi noted. — Jess Looman
In other matters, the board:
- OK'd continuing an agreement with the Wintersville Baseball Association for use of the athletic fields at 587 Bantam Ridge Road, and Indian Creek High School, 200 Park Drive, for association games, practices and related activities.
- Approved offsetting the cost of each AP exam by $10 at an estimated cost to the board of $1,600.
- Permitted the continuance of membership in OSBA for the period of Jan. 1 through Dec. 31 at a cost of $5,250, as well as approved the membership in the OSBA Policy Development Quarterly for the 2014 calendar year at a cost of $400.
Approved a memorandum of understanding with the Indian Creek Education Association regarding the calamity day three-day extension plan for the 2014-15 school year.
- Permitted an agreement with Rea & Associates to provide a procedures audit engagement for fiscal years 2013, 2014 and 2015, as required by the Medicaid School Program. The cost estimated is not to exceed $1,625 per year.
- Rescinded a resolution approving the sale of 2.4 acres of land located in Section 22, Township 9, Range 3, Wayne Township, Jefferson County, to Dawn and Glenn Snyder for the amount of $13,200, due to right-of-way issues, and approved selling the land to Jeffco Resources Inc. for the amount of $13,200.
- Approved the following individuals as after-school intervention teachers: Megan Karas, Amy Palma, Lola Ellsworth, Kristi Sciarra, Claudia Barrett, Colleen Shultz, Michele Minto, Joann Mulrooney, Kim Carnahan, Sarah Hayes and Toni Voltz. Veronica Wilson was approved as an aide.
- Approved supplemental personal service contacts for Nick Dondzila, varsity wrestling assistant coach, and Molly Edgerly, varsity track assistant coach.
- Approved the resignation request of middle school secretary Carol Frey for retirement purposes, effective Feb. 6.
- Approved the employment of Eugene Ciciarelli, varsity track assistant coach.
- Permitted the following individuals to OGT after-school intervention positions: Facilitator, Kenneth Herron; and teachers, Patricia Peckins, Sarah Houser, Richard Nixon and Barbara Turner.